When it comes to interior decorations and Scandinavian interior design in particular, much has been and will always be said on paper and in magazines about what is most suitable to transform a given space into a thing of beauty. Although for the most parts, when it comes to implementing those ideas, we soon find them a little less practical.
In designing our modern day interiors, practicality has always got to be the primary focus. Check out these 34 practical interior decorations ideas offered by Scandinavian Interior Design for an achievable interior decor.
- Scandinavian Bathroom: A well rounded room (both literally and metaphorically) with two obvious mirrors that conserve space yet deliver the elegance required of a bathroom. Beautifully themed in white, this Scandinavian interior design idea for a bathroom clearly redefines the concept of modern day bathrooms. Large format charcoal tiling offers true balance in color to your white bathtub as well as versatility to the entire bathroom
- A blend of nature and contemporary home designs would always be a staple in the décor world. This Scandinavian interior design idea is dotted in a variety of textures and tones with a Scandinavian frame to add a little bit of style to it. The rug and the chandelier above share matching patterns thus making this ensemble an ultra-glamorous design.
- In this beautiful Scandinavian interior design, white lights in this bedroom offer adequate illumination thus enhancing the elegance that the charcoal rug offers. An abstract piece of art hangs over the bed as all attributes continue to blend in, at least until pops of green and white kitsch both stand out for a minute before eventually blending into white blinds and an exposed brick wall to give the ultimate pleasure that comes from a nature-contemporary mixture.
- Bedrooms are often touted as the one place in the home where we can be in our most natural state and if the saying is anything to go by then this Scandinavian Interior design does manage to live up to the billing. With a mixture of grey, white and light wood, illustrated and framed by more potted green, this bedroom reeks of a natural ambience that replicates the feeling of camping out in the woods, only this time, you have a soft bed to sleep on.
- This predominantly grey bedroom is offered the much needed balance by white beddings and its clean white walls. Eccentric in its rights, this Scandinavian interior design sees wide French windows and simple blue-grey curtains greet a black-stenciled chair and lightly-patterned grey rug to create a décor that could easily pass for a grey exhibition.
- Away with the grey and in with the wood-paneled feature wall and floor, this bedroom offers your home the much needed diversity with a beige padded headboard and striped duvet replacing the erstwhile lightwood headboard and grey beddings. The only constant in both Scandinavian interior designs is the presence of nature offered by potted green and a bright blue seascape artwork hanging over the bed. Needless to say, this design is just the right choice for anyone going for a sleek contemporary look.
- This bedroom offers simplicity in its white-themed ensemble visible in wall painting, blinds and one half of the beddings. A vast range of colors are found in this stylish yet simple Scandinavian interior design that combines all these radiant colors to inspire a unique bedroom. A feel of the natural is provided by a wooden chest and a cane basket as well as green frames popping up on all four corners of the room.
- Study with nature and proper lighting in this study and lounge design idea that could be considered the finishing touch for an effortless look even in the synergy of four monochromatic prints.
- This interior décor boasts an enviable color blend ranging from the black hue offered by the TV and striped black and white found on the center rug to the greenness offered by potted flowers, a white canvas spotting art works and a beautiful powder-blue couch; all seamlessly blending in on a wooden floor finishing making a simplicity statement.
- Check out this basic Scandinavian interior with a golden trumpet offering some musical appeal while terracotta potted flowers provide the natural touch that seems only a constant in a Scandinavian interior design. Crisp wooden finishing and a predominantly white hue that is rather obvious in the wall painting as well as noticeable in the artwork, all make for a simple yet stylish décor.
- This dining area is sure to have you coming back to it and it’s not just for the food, the interior décor of this Scandinavian kitchen is simply delicious. Providing solid background hues in its simple white cabinetry and benching, this kitchen boasts a natural yet dynamically stylish feel.
- Break the norm with this Scandinavian entrance door that offers a renaissance feel. A light wood finishing that blends effortlessly with the wall paintings and a handle that calls out to handlers.
Titles used below are same as image titles (the ones you sent) to match description
Scandinavian Home Decoration
A variation from the other homes listed here, this room is simple yet colorful without the addition of our recurrent charcoal and wood synergy. Ever present is a little touch of nature’s green provided by a fancy flower pot sitting atop a side table grate. A variation of pillow colors add a little bit of pop to the already stylish sofa while half-white, half-grey throw pillows seamlessly blend into the center rug. There is no better way to illuminate the colors in this room than a branched bulb light, dangling elusively from the ceiling.
source: Le Anh
Scandinavian Interior Design
With colors that hint at simplicity yet a design that reeks of a deep sense of style, this glamorous Scandinavian is a masterpiece in monochrome. Black and white hue offered by the throw pillows merges perfectly with the grey prints of the couch to produce a thing of beauty. Spacious as this living room is the presence of nature is evident as the natural green offered by plants can be found in one corner. A touch of the modern is offered by the silver bauble chandelier hanging from the ceiling.
source: Yuliya Chudinovskikh
Scandinavian Kitchen Black Counter Top
Yet another beautiful monochrome piece that reiterates the beauty of solid colors in a home, this kitchen offers a solid white background with black dotted in all the right places. From the drawer and cupboard handles, ovens and a benchtop, a touch of black can be seen adding style and variation to the purity of this kitchen. Probably the only distinct variation here is the wood finishing and the added beauty that nature’s greenness offers.
Here are some more Scandinavian interior design photos from this beautiful modern apartment but from different angles.
source: Yuriy Bobak Archviz Studio
source: YUlOnG Fu
source: Harun Kaymaz