We all have our ideas of what a perfect home should look like. While some people are taken with the display of hues and varying color textures, for some others it is the floor finishing, furniture and the presence of nature within a décor that sets a room apart. As our preferences vary, so do our definitions of the perfect home. With the winter and cold days ahead we decided to showcase some gorgeous Scandinavian furniture and decorating ideas.
We had previously reviewed 34 practical Scandinavian Interior designs but we couldn’t help but seek out more Scandinavian furniture and decoration and while every design featured here is simply outstanding (as is customary with Scandinavian Interiors) this time it’s the furniture we find especially nice. Check out these 10 stylish Scandinavian interiors and catch up on some classic decorating ideas.
- While the focal point of this décor appears to be the bold rug lush with a variety of colors, the place of the Scandinavian furniture in this décor cannot be underestimated. A white sofa blends seamlessly into the painting as throw pillows offer a touch of variety and style. A simple green chair balances between the stylish Moroccan rug and the black floor finishing. A stylish light bulb illuminates the room as it hangs right above the wooden center table.
- This interior design keeps it as simple as 1, 2, 3 and the framed picture of 1, 2, 3 in French (Un, Deux, Trios) could not be any more defining of this simple yet elegant Scandinavian interior. Once again we are drawn to the furniture as the slip covers on the couch match the bed covers. Throw pillows with varying case styles make for extra attraction to the sofa. The pouf sits atop the center rug as both send a laidback feel.
- Scandinavian furniture has a trademark of being stylish, effortlessly classy and ultra glamorous. This predominantly white interior features a matching floor finishing, tutor and student piano stools and a soft white sofa to retain the purity of this white-themed décor. While there seems to be quite a number of furniture options here, they are all spaced out such that every piece of it stands out within its own space.
- Yet another predominantly white interior décor, this room features a potted flower positioned on the white center table to highlight its presence. Black rocking chairs provide a desirable contrast from the white sofa sitting right opposite them. A gorgeous white bulb hangs over the bed themed in white too and with the wallpaper providing the artistic feel, this room certainly reeks of purity and effortless style.
- This room is a 1920’s apartment in Malmo, Sweden. The emerald green, yellow and monochrome color combination provides inspiration to all lovers of Scandinavian furniture and interiors. Sitting around a white table, with a white bulb to offer adequate illumination, black chairs hint at a variation from the predominantly white décor of this room. Candle lights provide a romantic ambiance as vintage photographs enhance the retro ambiance of this home design. One outstanding feature here is the cohesiveness of the gallery achieved by grouping pieces closely together and keeping them within a single color family.
- This Scandinavian interior has an impressive ensemble of furniture with varying textures and hues. This dining reeks of good taste and charm as the diversity provided by the chairs add a little warmth and texture to this predominantly white interior décor. Exquisite kitchen cabinet with spacious drawers makes for a good storage. The more mixed your furniture style is, the more interesting your dining.
- From the wood brown floor finishing to the pop of color offered by the abstract paintings on the wall. This room is spacious as it is stylish. While our focal point in this series of Scandinavian interior designs is with the furniture, it is noteworthy to point out the beauty and illumination offered by the translucent bulbs. The white table in the corner doubles as a lamp stand and a wine rack while the pale gray sofa in the corner, the center table and the white rocking chair with wood brown lags sets the décor of the room to a simple yet glamorous look.
- Scandinavian interiors would also be exquisite, stylish and glamorous! It’s probably why most of the houses in Sweden, Finland and more look so gorgeous. In this interior décor, light bulbs drop from the ceiling to illuminate our focal point in this article, which is the furniture ensemble in the middle of the room. A black round center table is complimented in contrast by two round wood brown stools as well as the burnt umber floor finishing. Pairing a traditionally styled table with modern chairs achieves a stylish and dynamic look. Nature’s presence is felt via the display of potted flowers in strategic points across the room.
- It is hard to not focus on the smooth blend of wooden and plastic furniture within this Scandinavian home. A smooth finishing adds a delicate touch to the fancy cabinet to the right while reading enthusiasts have a book paradise in the bookshelf to the left. Right in the middle of this room is a soft white center rug that balances two wood framed chairs. An exquisite brown wood floor finishing manages to blend in with white paintings of the wall. Dropping from the ceiling is a Saturn style light bulb that hints at an extraterrestrial life. The colors within this interior décor exemplify a classic Scandinavian home.
- Our final pick of this Swedish lovely apartment spotted on Nordic Design is an adventurous décor. This simple room features a mixture of bold patterns and varying color hues. The sofa within this décor features throw pillows donned in green patterns that match the design patterns of the sofa itself while the white bed features a daring ensemble of pillows of several hues ranging from red to blue and stripes. A wooden chair is spotted in the corner offering an extra feel of style to this already glamorous décor.